BIG company meeting
Last week the project.me team attended a company meeting which is hosted by IZBM GmbH. The meeting that was moderated by IZBM's managing director Dr. Florian Seiff is a reoccuring event that is supposed to bring companies together which reside at the "Berliner Innovations- und GründerZentrum" BIG (Berlin innovation and business incubation centre). The meeting gives new companies opportunity to introduce themselves. Right now BIG houses about 90 companies.
We met several very different companies varying from small startups to established businesses:
- autoaid GmbH runs an internet platform which offers services around auto shops. Among other things autoaid offers a learning diagnosis system that helps shops to repair cars faster than with usual procedures.
- BitWig GmbH works on the "next generation music creation software". The startup is in an early development phase, but seems to be on a good way: They won a first prize at the startup competition Gründerwettbewerb Multimedia which is sponsored by the Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Technologie (Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology).
- Flow Studios is a game art outsourcing studio. Several designers offer comprehensive services around game design, 2D and 3D design, concept art. Flow studio's artists are specialists with different work focuses that complement each other. Have a look at their impressive portfolio at their home site.
- LogisticNetwork Consultants GmbH offers consulting regarding logistic networks. LNC develops "logistic locations" and brings them to market, hosts logistic fairs across Germany and more.
- intransID develops self-sufficient sensor systems that don't rely on batteries but use alternative energy sources like solar energy, wind energy, kinetic energy and thermal energy (Energy Harvesting). The sensors can additionally be equipped with low-power wireless technology to allow localization of equipped goods.
- MeshNex GmbH is a spin-off from a consortium of many big building services engineering companies that works on a network technology which will be used to link various devices. The emphasis of the newly developed network standard is low power consumption on the on side and non-proprietary, cross-platform connectivity on the other side.
It was a nice and interesting event and was very worthwhile. Finally Mr. Engel from ReproCourier offered the attendents to order chocolate with individually printed wrapping — Christmas is getting closer.
We are evaluating if there are possibilities for cooperations or interesting synergies.